Most websites are built on assumptions and opinions. Ours are built on real data.
Our process begins with goal-setting, market research, and brainstorming. Once we define your business goals, we work with you to develop a rich understanding of your business and how it fits into your customers’ lives. Then, we use this knowledge to rapidly plan and develop a lean but effective website.
Now the real fun begins. We use a variety of nifty tools and techniques to learn more about your customers as we observe them in their natural habitat. This data lets us make informed decisions about what we can do to improve. Before you know it, your website will be [generating leads/earning revenue/insert business goal here] like nobody’s… well, business!
Of course, we also provide all the services you’d expect from a traditional web design agency. Click here for a breakdown of our services, or read on for more details about our Growth Driven Design process.
During the discovery stage we leave no stone unturned, as we work together with you and your team to analyze your business, your industry, and your customers. The result is a rich tapestry of information that will help you stand out and solve your customers’ unique problems better than anyone else. Here’s how it works:
- We discuss your business goals with you and set target metrics.
- We do a detailed analysis of your website, company, industry, competitors, and customers to find opportunities.
- We work with you to develop customer personas and map out the journeys they take from stranger to delighted customer.
- If there are any gaps in our knowledge, we do user research to fill them in.
- We brainstorm ideas for the new website together based on what we learned.
- Finally, our ideas are prioritized based on overall impact and the best ones are selected for the new website.
- We will review this data whenever we make decisions, and add to it whenever we learn something new.
Now that we’ve learned everything we can about your customers, it’s the perfect time to develop any branding materials you may need. We will then use the results of our brainstorming session to rapidly design a lean but effective website.
The key here is to keep things lean and simple. Most businesses spend loads of time and money designing a “finished product” based on what they think will work… only to find that they were focusing on all the wrong things. Even worse, some businesses don’t even bother to measure the impact their website is having on their customers!
We don’t believe in “best guesses” or “finished products”. We believe in clear, measurable results. We believe a website should be flexible, in order to meet the demands of an ever-changing market.
Thus, the point of the design process is not to create a website that does everything. The point is to find out what customers want, so we can give it to them. We create the test environment, then run experiments and adjust the offering accordingly. Rinse and repeat.
Our developers are true tech nerds, with an eye for detail and a thirst for knowledge. We’ve worked with a wide variety of frameworks and technologies, including WordPress, Shopify, HubSpot, and Node.js, and we’re always looking for opportunities to try new ones. We’re happy to recommend whatever solution we think is best for your project, even if it’s something no one’s ever done before. Whatever solution we end up using, we’ll make sure you end up with a fast, intuitive, mobile-friendly website that’s easy to manage without being overwhelming. Plus, every line of code is optimized for search engines, so Google knows who you are and where to find you.
We start running tests on your website from the moment it’s launched, using tools like analytics, click/scroll heatmaps, user testing, surveys, session recordings, and search history. Then we begin a continuous cycle of learning, planning, building, and testing. Here’s what each cycle looks like:
- Learn: we analyze the data we’ve collected along with your company, industry, and competitors, and write a report with our findings.
- Plan: we meet with you to discuss what we learned, brainstorm new features, and ask new user questions.
- Build: we implement the highest-priority, highest-impact features from our brainstorming session.
- Test: we set up new tests to answer our user questions.
The length and number of cycles depends on your goals, your budget, what we’re measuring, and what website metric(s) we’re currently trying to meet.
Ready to apply this process to YOUR project?
Get in touch with the form below. We would love to hear about your next big idea!